- 13+ years of professional experience as a derivatives trader and five years in private wealth management
- Writer and editor at Investopedia since 2014
- Lecturer at University of Wisconsin-Madison and Instructor for the University of Nicosia's MSc program in digital currencies
- CFA charterholder, FINRA Series 7 & 63, and Life & Health Insurance Licenses
- PhD candidate in economic sociology, holds an MA in economics
Adam Hayes's聽expertise lies in the social studies of finance and technology. He聽writes about the influence of fintech on society, including innovations such as Bitcoin & blockchains, robo-advisors, and insurtech. Adam has also聽written on topics such as behavioral finance, personal investing, financial risk, and derivatives. His past expertise includes more than a decade of professional work on Wall Street as a derivatives trader and private wealth manager. Adam is聽currently pursuing a PhD in sociology, where he聽studies聽economic sociology and the social studies of finance.
Adam received his bachelor's from聽Cornell University, his master's from The New School for Social Research (MA in economics) and is currently attending University of Wisconsin-Madison for his PhD in sociology.
Quote from Adam Hayes
"Too many people are scared of 'finance' for whatever reason. Finance needs to be de-mystified so that this fear is turned into the ability to recognize and take advantage of economic opportunities through investment, saving, and smart spending."