- Barbarian聽Economist providing independent consulting services to select clients
- 13 years of experience in economic development, forecasting, research, teaching,聽content creation, and strategic consulting
- Instructor of Finance and Economics at Southern New Hampshire University
- Former Instructor of Management at the University of Missouri
- Former Managing Economist and lead editor at ITR Economics聽
Jim Chappelow has written and edited hundreds of reports, articles, and economic analyses for the general public, policy officials, academic audiences, and private consulting clients. Jim has been a practicing economist since 2007.
Jim was previously a聽managing economist at a boutique economic forecasting and management consulting firm and now in his own private consulting practice, as the Barbarian Economist. He specializes in translating complex economic data, models, and theories into actionable strategic and operational objectives. He has worked with clients ranging from small businesses and local government committees to international industrial trade associations and federal statistical agencies, and everything in between.
He has worked in the public sector as an economic development specialist and state labor market analyst. In academia, Jim has been聽a researcher and instructor in applied economics and strategic management聽at the University of Missouri and Southern New Hampshire University.
In addition to his economic background Jim is a decorated combat veteran of the US Army infantry and has been an avid participant in mixed martial arts, strength athletics, and action target sports.
Jim holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Alaska and Master's from the University of Maine. Jim was awarded the 2013 Douglas E. French Prize for excellence in the study of Austrian economics.
Quote from Jim Chappelow
聽"Entrepreneurship means taking risks and bearing ultimate responsibility for them. It is the courage of the leader, and the essence of human progress."